Buying a new car can be scary for some people. Let’s face it buying a car can be a very expensive, long-term commitment so when you jump in, you should do it only after being well prepared.
After seeing quite a few friends end up on the bad side of a used car purchase, I think it is important to educate yourself and also have a mechanic, you trust, look over any vehicle before you commit to purchase.
Here are some things you should look for when buying a used car.
- Inspect the vehicle inside and out. Check the upholstery, the carpets, windows, and the entire exterior for any damage.
- Check under the hood and take a good look at the engine and make sure there aren’t any seriously dirty parts or anything rusted.
- Make sure there is nothing leaking from the vehicle. Park the vehicle in a clean.dry spot and let it run. Once you move it, look for any residue left behind.
- Buy from a trusted dealership. If you live anywhere like I do, then there are probably little pop-up dealerships all over and if you ask around, people will tell you which ones to avoid. I suggest sticking to a larger dealership with a great reputation.
- You don’t really need all of those extra coverages, warranties and service packages. If you can’t afford them just turn them down. If you are worried about buying a car without a warranty, look into purchasing a certified pre-owend vechicle with a warranty that extends beyond the initial new coverage.
- Always make sure you are getting the best rate. A lot of dealerships have their own, private financing so you might be able to get a better rate if you shop around and even check with your financial institution.
- Take your time! Don’t jump the gun and buy the first car you check out. Take your time and make sure it is just what you’re looking for so you don’t end up with a case of buyer’s remorse.
By taking all of these things into account when shopping for your next car the process should be painless!
Be sure to check out the inventory at Hiley Mazda of Hurst by visiting them here: http://www.hileymazdahurst.com