- One medium sized pumpkin
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut open the pumpkin and use a strong metal spoon to scoop out the insides.
- Separate the seeds from the stringy core.
- Rinse the seeds.
- In a small saucepan, add the seeds to water, about 2 cups of water to every half cup of seeds.
- Add a half tablespoon of salt for every cup of water (more if you like your seeds saltier).
- Bring to a boil. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- Spread about a tablespoon of olive oil over the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Spread the seeds out over the roasting pan, all in one layer.
- Bake on the top rack until the seeds begin to brown, 10-20 minutes.
- When browned to your satisfaction, remove from the oven and let the pan cool on a rack.
- Let the seeds cool all the way down before eating.
- Either crack to remove the inner seed
The following two tabs change content below.
Anne is a 30-something full-time SAHM mom of 5 ranging from 3 to 17 and grandma of 1 who resides in Ashwaubenon (Green Bay) Wisconsin. She started blogging in 2008 as a way to regain her sanity. She enjoys coffee, chocolate, cheeseburgers and vodka along with spending time with her husband and kids.