It’s crazy to think that we are almost half way through the month of July. We’ve been busy enjoying our summer but before we know it, the new school year will be upon us.
Before our summer fun comes to an end, I want to make sure we get out and explore and enjoy a few more beach days, trips to the park, and maybe even a trip to the zoo.
Of course, in order to head out, I have to make sure we have everything ready to go.
Here are some great tips to ensure your summer travel plans go off without any hiccups!
- Start everything out by making lists. Having lists of everything you need and checking off as you go makes everything so much easier.
- Pack a small tote bag for kids filled with things for them to do in the car.
- Put together some kid/car friendly snacks; things that aren’t sticky and don’t melt are your best bet.
- Pack a small cooler with refreshments for everyone to keep everyone hydrated along the way.
- Plan your route ahead of time and find places to stop along the way to stretch or for the kids to burn off some energy.
- Keep an extra change of clothes for the kids nearby….accidents happen.
- Always carry wipes and plastic bags…..kids get sick.
- Have a few blankets and even small pillows on hand for when they get tired….it can happen.
- If you are planning a road trip, be sure to have your car looked over to ensure everything is working properly at your local delalership like this Deleware based Dodge dealership.
These are just a few of our tips for how we survive traveling during the summer with 5 kids. Is there something you can add to the list?