Tonight, 14 year-old Zack was in charge of dinner and let me tell you, he did a darn good job. I’ve been teaching him some basic cooking skills the last fews months and he has been doing great. Tonight he whipped up a Taco Casserole that we found on Pinterest and adapted to our own after making a few changes.
- 1 lb of hamburger
- 1-16oz box Ziti or other noodle of choice
- 1- 8oz package of cream cheese
- 2 - cups shredded marble jack cheese
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 cup of water
- Boil water and cook pasta. In another pan, brown hamburger, drain, add taco seasoning & 1 cup of water. Let mean simmer and reduce. Add 8oz cream cheese and allow it to melt into the meat and sauce stirring until well blended. When noodles are cooked, drain and add to the taco meat and stir. Add 1 cup of cheese and stir. Pour entire mixture into a 13x9 casserole dish and cover with remaining cup of cheese. Bake at 350* for 20 minutes. Serve with tortilla or corn chips. We also had refried beans on the side.