Alex is a huge German Chocolate Cake fan and with today being his birthday, the kids wanted to make him a special birthday treat so they whipped up a batch of Ooey Gooey German Chocolate Dessets Bars that are so sweet and yummy!
- This is a two part recipe, you will first prepare and bake the crust and while the crust is baking you will prepare the topping.
- 1 Box of German Chocolate Cake Mix or Devil's Food Cake Mix (we used Devil's Food this time)
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 -14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 cups shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 450*
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix the crust ingredients (cake mix, butter, egg) together until crumbly and then press into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Bake crust for 8 minutes and remove from oven.
- While the crust is baking, mix the condensed milk, vanilla, egg, pecans and coconuts in a bowl and then pour over the warm crust.
- Sprinkle topping evenly with chocolate chips and bake for 25 minutes until the top is a light golden brown.
- All the dessert to cool completely and then serve!
Latest posts by Anne (see all)
- Hunting for Buried Treasure with Little Tikes - April 22, 2015
- Marcus Theatres Summer Film Series: Mark Your Calenders - April 21, 2015
- Join the Movement and Show Your #Underwareness with Depend - April 21, 2015