This Mexican-style treat swaps the heat of jalapenos for the sweetness of fresh strawberries. Set out the ingredients buffet style for kids to serve up their own after-dinner treat.
Write a review
- 3 6-inch flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 8 ounces vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut or white chocolate shavings
- 1. To make the tortilla chips, heat the oven to 350°. Cut the tortillas into triangles, lay them on a baking sheet, and spritz them with cooking spray.
- 2. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar over the tops of the tortillas and bake for 12 minutes or until crisp.
- 3. For homemade strawberry sauce, combine the strawberries, orange juice, and the remaining 1/2 tablespoon sugar in a blender. Puree the ingredients until smooth.
- 4. Once the chips have cooled, set them on a plate. To complete the buffet, set out separate bowls containing the strawberry sauce, yogurt, chopped strawberries, and coconut or chocolate shavings. Serves 4 to 6.
The Megalomaniac Mommy http://themegalomaniacmommy.com/
The following two tabs change content below.
Anne is a 30-something full-time SAHM mom of 5 ranging from 3 to 17 and grandma of 1 who resides in Ashwaubenon (Green Bay) Wisconsin. She started blogging in 2008 as a way to regain her sanity. She enjoys coffee, chocolate, cheeseburgers and vodka along with spending time with her husband and kids.