For Mother’s Day we had a little get together at my sisters for lunch and I was put in charge of the dessert. This is usually my sister’s job but since we were having lunch at her house she had to make the food so I agreed to make the dessert. Glad I did! I made (according to my dad, husband and children) the best pie ever! The great thing about it was that it was sooooooo easy! I figured since it was so easy, I would share it with you. My apologies, I forgot to take a picture of it but the good news is I plan on making it again very soon!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 10- Hershey bars (with or without almonds)
- 1 – 16oz container of Cool Whip
- 2- pie crusts ( I used graham cracker)
- This makes 2 pies
Now here’s what you do:
- Break up 9 of the Hershey bars into a microwave safe bowl and zap them for 1 minute and then in 30 second intervals until melted, once melted let sit about 2 minutes
- Using a mixer (stand or hand held) add all 16oz of cool whip to the chocolate and beat it until it is all blended together
- Once you are done blending the cool whip and chocolate put it into the pie crusts
- Smooth the mixture into the pie crust and then take the last Hershey bar and grate it over the top of the pies (I used the little stubles that were left over and stuck them into various sections of the pie)
- Cover and freeze pies until ready to serve
They were AMAZING!