*This post is brought to you by Red Gold Tomatoes. I received a promotional item in order to facilitate this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links.*
I know, you’re probably looking at that title and asking yourself what I am talking about. How on Earth are we grilling with Red Gold tomatoes?
Well, the answer is easy…we have been adding tomatoes into our burgers when mixing everything together and tossing them on the grill for some delicious meals.
This is an Italian Burger with Provolone Cheese and it was delicious! The recipe calls for it to be an Italian Turkey Burger (recipe below) but we didn’t have any turkey on hand and thought we’d give it a try. Even though this was delicious, we will go with the turkey next time because the burger didn’t hold together as well (turkey tends to be drier and holds together better with the little moisture from the tomatoes).
Until July 23rd, Red Gold is hosting a Summer Grilln’ Party and they are giving a 1000 Red Gold ‘Summertime Tomatoes’, Aprons every week via a random drawing and one grand prize winner will receive a large Big Green Egg Grill.
You can sign up for coupons and recipes by joining the Red Gold e-newsletter (scroll down to the bottom of the page).
|1||pound ground turkey|
|1||(14.5 ounce) can Red Gold® Diced Tomatoes With Basil, Garlic & Oregano, drained very well or 1 (14.5 ounce) can Red Gold® Petite Diced Tomatoes With Garlic & Olive Oil, drained very well|
|1/4||cup bread crumbs|
|Salt and black pepper to taste|
- Combine ground turkey, RED GOLD® DICED TOMATOES with BASIL, GARLIC & OREGANO, egg and bread crumbsin a bowl. Form into patties and season with salt and black pepper.
- Place on grill and cook to desired temperature, 160º for completely cooked burgers.
- Option: For added flavor put ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese into the center of each patty.
- Serve on toasted Italian bread
- Top with a thick pasta sauce (heated). Sprinkle with shredded Italian blend cheese
|Trans Fat:||0.00g||Vitamin A:||15%|