*This post is brought to you by our friends at Duracell. I received a promotional item in order to facilitate this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links.*
Seriously, what is it with little kids and putting everything in their mouth? They don’t seem to care what it is or where it came from and if it is shiny, you get bet it will find its way into their mouth.
While most of the things my little ones discover and put in their mouth are harmless doesn’t help me from worrying that something will end up in there that could really hurt them.
Lithium coin batteries can lead to serious injury or death if they are swallowed and every year there are thousands of cases of coin battery ingestions reported.
Duracell is doing their part to prevent battery ingestion by updating their packaging to be child resistant and placing warnings on the batteries themselves.
With the great infographic below, Duracell is hoping to raise awareness about this issue.
To prevent your children from injury, here are a few safety tips:
** Secure the battery compartments with tools or tape. (Coin batteries can be found in garage-door openers, medical devices, watches, some remote controls and those annoying greeting cards that sing or talk to you).
** When disposing batteries, wrap them in tape first.
** Keep ALL batteries out of reach of children.