*The information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark. I received a promotional item in order to facilitate this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links.*
As a family that enjoys movie as well as snacking, we are always happy to combine the two for a fun family movie night.
Thanks to our friends at General Mills, our recent family movie night was taken care of with a copy of Despicable Me 2 and a few ingredients along with the recipe for Minion Munch Chex Party Mix. We love Chex Mix so adding a new recipe to the mix was a lot of fun.
This Minion Munch Chex mix is just as delicious as it looks and even with making a double batch, we had no problem devouring it!
Grab the recipe below to make your own Minion Munch Chex Mix for your family movie night!
- 2cups Honey Nut Chex® cereal
- 2cups Chocolate Chex® cereal
- 2cups Banana Nut Cheeerios® cereal
- 1cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/4cup butter or margarine
- 1/4cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4cup peanut butter
- 1cup freeze-dried banana chips (we skipped this ingredient as we don't enjoy these).
- 1/2cup candy-coated chocolate candies
- If you can't find freeze-dried banana chips, just use regular dried banana chips.
- Either creamy or crunchy peanut butter works well in this recipe.
- 1.In large microwaveable bowl, measure cereals and peanuts.
- 2.In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter until melted, about 30 seconds. Stir in brown sugar and peanut butter; microwave 30 seconds longer or until mixture is boiling. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- 3.Microwave uncovered on High about 3 minutes, stirring every minute, until mixture is glazed. Cool 5 minutes. Stir in dried bananas and candies. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container.
- 1 Serving: 1/2 cup: Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 210mg; Potassium 150mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 2g); Protein 4g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 6%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 2 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
- Makes: 17 servings