Here I am, having just finished up my 3rd Biri Biri project and I have to say, this is my favorite project yet.
This time around I decided to work on the Gladiolus picture.
Once again, I read over the directions before I got down to work. This time around things were so much easier and the project moved along quickly.
I began by tracing my design onto the cardstock using the chalk paper and then I decided I would start with the stems first and layer my way up.
After the stems were done I traced each petal onto the assortment of washi papers provided and moved around on the paper to grab different shades to try and make the petals pop out more. As I continued, I did the same with each individual flower petal and I was quite happy with the mix of colors I ended up with.
After my picture dried, I decided to do something a little different this time and I added in the fine details of the flowers using a gel pen and a fine tip sharpie. I’m just not skilled enough yet with the washi to be able to tear it as tiny as it needed to be for this project.
As I mentioned above, this is my favorite of my projects so far. Hopefully my 4th project will be perfection!
Be sure to stop by next week to check out my 4th project!